Monday 25 July 2011

Ocean City and Pocomoke!

We are in Ocean City and went to Grand Prix go-karting. It was very fun – there were big tracks and small tracks, some cars were really fast. You had to be 46 inches tall and 12 years old, but we said we were 12. You weren’t supposed to bump, but we did anyways – we closed it one night, and were the last ones on the track. You buy a 2 hour wristband and the best time to go is night.

I waved people over, and when they passed by me, I went out really far and then rammed them as hard as I could. On a left turn I turned into my Dad and wouldn’t let him turn, and was cornering him into the corner, and then I turned right on the turn, and my Dad smashed into the wall. My friends were spinning me out when I was doing this because they knew my trick.

Things to do in Ocean City: Grand Prix go-carting, crab off Frontier town pier, walk on the boardwalk and see lots of shops and things, get saltwater taffy.

Crabbing – we caught lots and lots of keepers and are eating them all. They are delicious. We went to a pier called Public Landing near Snow Hill which was a really good spot for crabs.
cooling off in the Pocomoke pool!

crabbing at Public Landing, Snow Hill, Maryland


it was so hot - the horses had to come down to the ocean to cool off!


Pocomoke State Park – the sites are gorgeous – a lot like the provincial parks. Tonnes of trees and we are in a forest, in a loop with maybe 20 campsites. Good park, but since we just came from Ocean City, we are staying more in this area, and there isn’t a lot. Went into Chincoteague today. It is so hot though…
Record breaking temperatures! Triple number temperatures for many days! It was 120 with humidity for many days. Finally there was a storm today so things might cool down to 90. Our relief the past few days at Pocomoke State Park was the swimming pool and going crabbing at night. There is a diving board at the pool and we do flips and dives off it. They had to do two lifesavings.

No comments:

Post a Comment